Kali Linux have been the most advanced penetration testing machine introduced yet. It have most valuable tools used for every sort of hacking. To take advantage of kali linux hacking tools, you have to switch your OS to kali linux. You can either install Kali Linux as your default OS or just intstall as virtual machine within the same OS. You can learn more about how to install Kali Linux Virtualbox. Today in this tutorial, I am just going to share a very simple Kali Linux tutorial on how to capture screenshot in Kali Linux. It’s very simple and newbie friendly.
So, how to capture screenshot in Kali Linux? – Kali Linux Tutorial
There are two ways to capture a screenshot in Kali Linux. One is the ultimate easy one and the second one is a bit complex but it’s also not so complicated. So, don’t worry about anything.
Instructions to Follow
Password : EHT
- In the first way, you can take a screenshot in the similar way like you take in Windows OS by simply clicking the PrntScr button on the keyboard. As you hit that button, a screenshot will be saved in the Pictures folder of your Kali Linux. The major problem with it, it only captures full screen. We have no control over it to capture a specific window or region.
- Second way is to take screenshot using command. For that, open up a terminal in the Kali Linux and type apt-get install imagemagick.
- Once command is completed and imagemagick is installed. We have two options to take a screenshot with it. One is to capture full screen and second is to capture a specific window.
- To capture full screen, type import -window root Pictures/AnyNameOfTheImage.png in the terminal. It will take full screenshot and will save it to the Pictures directory by the name you specify. Make sure to type .png at the end of the file name.
- To take screenshot of a specific window or region, type import Pictures/AnyNameOfTheImage.png in the terminal and hit Enter, it will turn the cursor to a selection tool. You just click mouse button and select the area you want to capture. As you will leave the mouse key, screenshot will be saved in the Pictures folder.
That’s all how you can capture screenshot in Kali Linux. This is a very simple and beginner friendly Kali Linux tutorial to help out all the newbies how they can use this features in need. Hope it will be useful for you. For any query, feel free to comment below.
Note: Use Virtual Machine and scan on VirusTotal before downloading any program on Host Machine for your privacy.